Healthy foods to lose weight
For most of the people to lose weight, they should chose nutrient rich food or protein and fiber rich foods which help maintaining weight.
After doing many researches and experiments, the scientists concluded that few food impacts our health like in gaining or losing weight when they are incorporated with healthy diet and a good lifestyle.
Mostly fruits, vegetables, nuts, yogurt and whole grains are recommended for people looking for weight loss.
Sugary beverages, potato chips, red meat or processed meat promotes weight gain and obesity.
Here is the guide to what you should put in your plate and the foods you should keep in your kitchen every time.
- Almonds –Almond helps lower your cholesterol and keep you slim as these are the rich source of mono- and polyunsaturated fats. They also carry much lesser calories than any other nuts and a rich source of fiber and vitamin E.
These are excellent snack with balanced amount of protein, fiber and healthy fats also improve metabolic health and promote weight loss if consumed moderately.
- Apples – “One apple a day keeps doctor away”
Apple has an effective ingredient called pectin which slows down the process of digestion and promoted feeling of full stomach. Eating a whole apple with your meal improves your appetite and help you fewer overall calories.
Apples are also a rich source of antioxidants, vitamin C and fiber. The skin of apple contains much a lot much of fruits nutritional benefits.
- Avocados – Avocados helps lowering the risk of metabolic syndrome and help people maintain a lower body weight. Eating avocado decreases the food craving after your meal which leads to reduce appetite. Most fruits are high in carbs; avocados are loaded with healthy fats.
Eating avocado burn more calorie, which is the major factor contributes in gaining your body weight.
- Whole Eggs – You may not know the truth but eggs are a great source of protein and it help curbs your appetite which ultimately leads to weight loss. The egg white portion is a very good source of branched chain amino acids, which keeps your metabolism run smoothly.
If a person eats eggs in their breakfast instead of bagels, can lose weight twice because eggs make people feel full (decrease food craving).
- Sweet Potatoes – Potatoes are the perfect food for weight loss and optimal health. Potatoes are the great source of scale dropping fiber. They are high in potassium which plays an important role in keep blood pressure under control.
Eating one sweet potato contributes to approx. 114 calories after bake. This also makes you feel like full for a longer time (decrease food craving after meal). Fill this with good-for-health items like black beans, tomatoes and bell peppers instead of curd and cheese.
- Tuna – Tuna is a lean fish which is low in fat and high in protein with low calorie. It’s a popular food among bodybuilders and fitness freak persons who are on cutting, as it’s a good source of protein while keeping calories and fat low.
- Whole Grains – Whole grains are higher in fibers and multi-nutrients.
Always keep in mind that refined grains are not a good choice. Processed foods are very harmful and fattening.
Few whole grains that are loaded with fiber and a good quantity of proteins such as oats, brown rice and quinoa.
Oats are high in beta-glucans, a soluble fiber that improves metabolic health.
- Fruits –Fruits are the most effective items to eat for weight loss. Most studies showed that the people who eat fruits regularly are much healthier than people who don’t.
Fruits have properties which makes them weight loss and health friendly as these contains natural sugars, fibers, antioxidants and various nutrients. These contents of fruits helps prevent sugar from releasing in blood stream quickly.
- Greens Leafy Vegetables –Green leafy vegetables include kale, spinach, collards, cabbage, beetroot, and a few others.
These are not only high in fiber, antioxidants, nutrients, calcium, and many vitamins but also low in calories and carbohydrates which ignite body to burn fat and calories easily.
These can be taken as salads with little pepper in combination with lemon which may make you feel full and stop craving after meal.
- Green Tea –Serve yourself a cup of green tea every morning to make youstronger, healthy and fit. It fastens your metabolism to work smoothly. This drink is high in powerful antioxidants that help burn fat, increase energy and fight inflammation.
Another study shows that taking 5 cups of tea a day can help in losing twice much weight mainly in mid-section.
Drinking green tea reduces the risk of Parkinson’s disease also ovarian, colorectal, skin and prostate cancers.
A study from Purdue University showed that, squeezing lemon or orange slice improves the power of antioxidants and give an extra boost to your daily lifestyle. Due to the citrus juice, it stays in your body for a long time and constantly adding energy to you.