PET CT SCAN
Let’s Fight Cancer Together and in much efficient way!
PET-CT is a diagnostic imaging test primarily used for detection of Cancer. We at Apollomedics hospitals have GE Healthcare’s latest PET-CT Discovery IQ machine.
GE Healthcare’s latest PET-CT innovation delivers both excellent image quality and consistent quantitation, without compromise.
In our endeavor to battle cancer, the Apollomedics hospitals offers PET-CT scans at an affordable price with best-in-class imaging quality.
State-of-the-Art, Discovery IQ Whole Body PET-CT Scan. With industry’s lowest Radiation Emission from this PET CT machine, we take due care to provide you best-in-class diagnostic images while maintaining highest safety standards.
What are some common uses of the procedure?
PET and PET-CT scans are performed to:
- Detect cancer.
- Determine whether a cancer has spread in the body.
- Assess the effectiveness of a treatment plan, such as cancer therapies.
- Determine if a cancer has returned after treatment.
- Determine blood flow to the heart muscle.
- Determine the effects of a heart attack, or myocardial infarction, on areas of the heart.
- Identify areas of the heart muscle that would benefit from a procedure such as Angioplasty or coronary artery bypass surgery (in combination with a myocardial perfusion scan).
- Evaluate brain abnormalities, such as tumors, memory disorders, seizures and other central nervous system disorders.
- Map normal human brain and heart function.
- Fasting: 4-6 hours of fasting is required. Overnight fasting is preferred. During the period of fasting only plain water is allowed.
- Ongoing Medication: Kindly inform us about any ongoing medications for you may require a special preparation for your examination.
- Advise for Diabetics: To perform the scan blood sugar level should be less than 150 mg/dL, Diabetic patients should have light breakfast at 5:00 am on the day of test, and must take the advised prescription. It is important not to miss the diabetic medication in the morning of the test date. Please inform us about your diabetic prescription for us to plan the needful for your test.
- Creatinine And Urea Tests: It is mandatory to have blood test levels for serum creatinine checked before the examination. Incase a high value of creatinine, please approach us to connect with you with our doctor, for further advice.
- Clinical Records: While coming for PET scan please carry all your relevant medical records for reference (Doctor’s prescription, previous CT/MRI films along with reports, treatment summary, discharge papers, surgery details, biopsy / post surgery histopathology reports etc). Submission of such clinical records helps doctors to work-up and identify your case-specific diagnostic detailing.
- Old Records: If a prior PET scan has been performed, kindly do not forget to bring DICOM version in a CD and reports. Without CD of the previous PET scan, comparison for measuring improvement or deterioration of cancer will not be possible.